From the Aims & Principles of Radical Routes:|
We want to see a world based upon equality and co-operation, where people give according to their ability and receive according to their needs. Where work is fulfilling and useful and where creativity is encouraged, where decision making is open to everyone with no hierarchies and where the environment is valued and respected in its own right rather than exploited. We want to take control over all aspects of our lives. However, as we are not all in a position of control we are forced to compromise to exist.
The specific means Radical Routes is pursuing are:
- Setting up housing co-operatives to house people and projects with the above aims.
- Setting up worker co-operatives with the above aims.
- Promoting and organising participatory education through skills and knowledge sharing, through Taking Control events, distributing informative material and through work shops.
- Raising finance to allow control over resources [property, technology and land] through co-operation and the economic interlocking of the co-operatives.
- Supporting like minded projects.
Creating a co-operative world through housing, education & work.
"The price you pay for living a rebellious life is nothing compared to the price you pay for not rebelling."|
-- Gloria Steinem
user comments [add comment]
record: radicalroutes |
last updated 2003/08/20